We organize world-class guided runs in Nepal. These are quick, light, and self-supported high altitude adventures. If you love trail running and want to explore the Himalayas on your own feet (and carrying your own stuff!) – then please come join us! We promise you will have fun. Just read our testimonials!
You should know that all of our runs
- Are non-competitive. Feel free to time yourself, but this is not a race. Go at your own pace and in solitude if you want, or run with the group. We set up regroup points every morning and carry radios. There are options for all.
- Are self-supported (no porters or mules).
- We don’t like to see other people carry our gear! All participants carry a small pack (usually 20-30l with about 5kg including 0.5kg of group gear). You should be able to run with your pack – it will have: trail snacks, water, first aid kit, map, puffy, and some layers. (gear list)
- Have a heavy mix of hiking and running. We do a lot of fast hiking usually during the first half of the trip as we are climbing and getting used to the high altitude. The second half of most trips involve a lot of running once we are over the pass!
- Include cultural components during the trail, as well as opportunities to help improve childhood health outcomes in Nepal through a girls empowerment program that we help support.
- Prioritize Safety: We have a high altitude physician on call and include multiple comprehensive first aid kits, and satellite phones. We follow an approved acclimatization schedule, carry radios and sat phones and beacons. We contract with an expert weather forecaster.
- Provide a free SIM card + 1 gb data for those with unlocked phones who want to have some connectivity with back home.
- Include optional lessons on map, compass, and GPS navigation
- Include licensed guides with wilderness first aid training
- Are unique. No other company organizes guided running tours like us…
- Are all inclusive in price. We don’t want you to have to worry about anything once you are in Nepal. We don’t promise you the fanciest transport, hotels or meals – but neither do we skimp.
- Include airport pickup and drop offs. Don’t worry. We will be waiting for you at the Kathmandu airport with a warm smile and a cold bottle of water.
- Will test you in every way! These are tough events but we always have a lot of fun!
2018 Guided Runs
- Langtang Circuit Expedition –‘Lollipop Route’ (May 28th – June 9th) Come join us for our third shot at this exploratory guided run following a route that few (any?) have ever done. We will start from Kathmandu on foot and return on foot travelling through Shiva Puri National Park, Helambu, Laurebina Pass (4,610m/15,124ft), Gosaikund Sacred Lakes, Langtang Valley, Kanja Pass, and finally returning on the Helambu trail to Kathmandu. The numbers: Distance: 186k/115mi, Total Ascent: 14,198m/46,581ft, Maximum Elevation: 5,130m/16,830 feet* on Kanja Pass. Maximum Participants: 7. Cost: $2,150 all inclusive. Co-led by Sudeep Kandel and Seth Wolpin. Note that this trip can’t be your first rodeo! Applicants need to have prior high altitude experience and comfort with exposure and risk. Status: 2 spots left, ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
- Annapurna Circuit Expedition ‘Thorung La’ Variation (Sept 15-30th) We travel through beautiful Himalayan landscapes in a part circumnavigation of the tenth biggest mountain in the world. We will follow alternative trails around the circuit, getting way off the beaten path at times. The numbers: 16 days including arrival, briefing day in Kathmandu and departure, 10.5 days moving forward on trail, 2 acclimatization day: Total distance: 228k/142.6miles, Gain: 11,846m/38,863ft, Loss: 11,282m/37,013ft, Max Elevation: 5,405m, 17,728ft. Max participants: 10. Cost: $2,250 all inclusive. Led by Sudeep Kandel. Status: SOLD OUT – ADD TO WAITLIST
2018 Guided Runs
- Annapurna Circuit Expedition ‘Pass the Honey’ Variation (April 26-May 11th, 2019) Join us on our first organized trip around the circuit in the Spring. We are also going to try to visit a remote village where they collect hallucinogenic honey. There will be some more trekkers on the circuit at this time of year, but they peak mid-April and we are really good at getting off the beaten track. Plus – spring time in the Himalayas is amazing! The numbers: 16 days including arrival, briefing day in Kathmandu and departure, 10.5 days moving forward on trail, 2 acclimatization day: Total distance: 228k/142.6miles, Gain: 11,846m/38,863ft, Loss: 11,282m/37,013ft, Max Elevation: 5,405m, 17,728ft. Max participants: 10. Early bird price: $2,250 all inclusive. Status: ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
- Annapurna Circuit Expedition – ‘Tilicho Lake’ Variation (Sept 21-Oct 5th) Join us as we reach Tilicho Lake – considered one of the highest, most beautiful lakes in the world. With this route variation we will also use a different pass to reach western Nepal! The numbers: 16 days including arrival, briefing day in Kathmandu and departure, 10.5 days moving forward on trail, 2 acclimatization day: Total distance: 228k/142.6miles, Gain: 11,846m/38,863ft, Loss: 11,282m/37,013ft, Max Elevation: 5,405m, 17,728ft. Max participants: 10. Early Bird price $2,250 all inclusive. Status: ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
If we can get 2-3 people together, we will run one of these trips! Use our application form if you want to put your name on a list. If we get enough people, we will run one of these!
- Three-Passes and Gokyo Ri We will cross three stunning high altitude passes, climb up Gokyo Peak, and we will have the trails mostly to ourselves. The numbers: 18 days. Total Distance: 122k/76mi. Gain: 7,315m/24,000ft, Loss: 7,315m/24,000ft. Max elevation: 5,601m/18,376ft, Avg Elevation: 4,130m/13,551ft. Fun: Impossible to quantify. Approximate Cost: $2,500 all inclusive. Max Participants 7.
- Annapurna Sanctuary and Mardi Himal Join us on a guided run deep into Annapurna Base Camp (within the Annapurna Santuary) with a side trip to Mardi Himal Base Camp. The fast pack will start and end near Pokhara which is renowned for its lakes and impressive views of Mount Fishtail and other mountains. The numbers: 14 days including arrival, briefing day in Kathmandu and departure, 1 acclimatization day. Approximate Cost: : $1,850 all inclusive. Max Participants 10.