We organize world-class guided runs in Nepal. These are quick, light, and self-supported high altitude adventures. Our participants usually come to us with a solid history of ultra-running under their belt. Many want to run in the Himalaya but not in a competitive format, they want to stop and smell the roses and visit the temples. We understand, that is why we started this company! We hope you will join us on an adventure.
All Guided Runs
- Are self-supported (no porters or mules).
- Require that participants carry a small pack (usually ~5kg) with trail snacks, water, first aid kit, map, insulating layers etc (see gear list).
- Require a tourist visa and helicopter evacuation insurance. These are not part of the listed prices as they vary for each individual. However, we can point you in the right direction and the combined cost is usually under $100 USD.
- Have a heavy mix of hiking and running. We do a lot of fast hiking usually during the first half of the trip as we are climbing and getting used to the high altitude. The second half of most trips involve a lot of running!
- They are also all-inclusive in terms of land costs. In other words, you don’t have to worry about any costs once you arrive except for pocket money to buy beer, snacks, and gifts.
- Include cultural components and connections to a Nepal based charity.
- Will test you in every way! These are tough events but we always have a lot of fun!
2018 Guided Runs
- Annapurna Sanctuary and Mardi Himal Version 1. (March 3rd – 16th) A new addition to our guided runs for 2018 is a guided run deep into Annapurna Base Camp (within the Annapurna Santuary) with a side trip to Mardi Himal Base Camp. The fast pack will start and end near Pokhara which is renowned for its lakes and impressive views of Mount Fishtail and other mountains. The numbers: 14 days including arrival, briefing day in Kathmandu and departure, 1 acclimatization day Cost: $1,850 all inclusive. Led by Sudeep Kandel. ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
- Langtang Circuit Version 3. (May 28th – June 9th) Come join us for our third shot at this exploratory guided run following a route that few (any?) have ever done. We will start from Kathmandu on foot and return on foot travelling through Shiva Puri National Park, Helambu, Laurebina Pass (4,610m/15,124ft), Gosaikund Sacred Lakes, Langtang Valley, Kanja Pass, and finally returning on the Helambu trail to Kathmandu. The numbers: Distance: 186k/115mi, Total Ascent: 14,198m/46,581ft, Maximum Elevation: 5,130m/16,830 feet* on Kanja Pass. Maximum Participants: 7. Cost: $2,150 all inclusive. Co-led by Sudeep Kandel and Seth Wolpin. Note that this trip can’t be your first rodeo! Applicants need to have prior high altitude experience and comfort with exposure and risk. ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
- Annapurna Circuit Version 5. (Sept 15-30th) We travel through beautiful Himalayan landscapes in a part circumnavigation of the tenth biggest mountain in the world. We will follow alternative trails around the circuit, getting way off the beaten path at times. The numbers: 16 days including arrival, briefing day in Kathmandu and departure, 10.5 days moving forward on trail, 2 acclimatization day: Total distance: 228k/142.6miles, Gain: 11,846m/38,863ft, Loss: 11,282m/37,013ft, Max Elevation: 5,405m, 17,728ft. Max participants: 10. Cost: $2,250 all inclusive. Led by Sudeep Kandel. ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
- Three-Passes and Gokyo Ri Version 1. We will cross three stunning high altitude passes, climb up Gokyo Peak, and we will have the trails mostly to ourselves. The numbers: 18 days. Total Distance: 122k/76mi. Gain: 7,315m/24,000ft, Loss: 7,315m/24,000ft. Max elevation: 5,601m/18,376ft, Avg Elevation: 4,130m/13,551ft. Fun: Impossible to quantify. Approximate: $2,850. Max Participants 10. Contact us if you want to put your name on a list. If we get enough people, we will run this!